Nashville-based FirstBank, a wholly owned subsidiary of FB Financial Corporation (NYSE: FBK), is the third largest Tennessee-headquartered bank with 81 full-service bank branches across Tennessee, South Central Kentucky, North Alabama and North Georgia, and a national mortgage business with offices across the Southeast. The bank serves five of the major metropolitan markets in Tennessee and with approximately $11.2 billion in total assets, has the resources to provide a comprehensive variety of financial services and products.
FirstBank has been recognized as one of Tennessee’s best employers by Business Tennessee magazine and The Tennessean. The Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and the Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management have also recognized FirstBank.
FirstBank does more than provide consumers with best of class financial services. It is a place for employees to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At FirstBank it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Teller serves as a first point of contact for customers by providing FirstBank service excellence, processing transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures, assisting with customer inquiries, and recognizing/referring cross-sell opportunities as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with transactional needs according to established guidelines, brand model and service standards, including answering basic customer inquiries regarding account balances, transaction history, service charges, interest rates, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain daily operational standards, including but not limited to cash drawer security, daily balance of cash drawer, item capture procedures, counterfeit currency identification, count and roll coins, balance ATM, adequate supplies in teller station, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of available products and services, and educate customers, as appropriate, on emerging bank technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, ATM and other offerings.
- Recognize customer needs and refer customers to appropriate bank partner(s) for crosssell or service opportunities.
- Protect the bank from unnecessary risk or exposure by being familiar with bank procedures and confidentiality guidelines, including but not limited to currency transaction reports, suspicious activity reports, Regulation CC holds and documentation, robbery procedures, etc.
- Provide consistent, distinctive service to all customers when delivering the FirstBank service experience.
- Practice safe and sound bank procedures, including adherence to applicable laws and regulations, internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies; adhere to security protocols for robbery, fraud, opening/closing process, cash controls, teller procedures, etc.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers.
- Access to and/or work with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exhibit a foundational understanding of banking industry regulatory compliance including FirstBank-specific policies and procedures, applying knowledge and best practices as appropriate.
- Basic computer and math skills required
- High school diploma or the equivalent required
- Less than two years
Certifications and Licenses
- Must be bonded within first six months of employment.